January 26, 2023
Designer and TV Personality Amy Devers Brings Clever to the SURROUND Podcast Network
Take a behind-the-scenes look at how design shapes the world and informs the fabric of society with Clever, the latest addition to SANDOW Design Group’s SURROUND podcast network.
Hosted by designer and Emmy Award-winning television personality Amy Devers, Clever puts the spotlight on the creative forces shaping the design world. Think Kelly Wearstler, Jonathan Adler, Paola Antonelli, and Bobby Berk to name a few. Devers, previously an independent designer and builder of furniture and interiors, has also hosted several television and digital series focused on international design, architecture, original furniture design and build, home improvement, culture, and food.
“As we continue to showcase the design industry’s most inspiring voices, Clever is a perfect addition to the SURROUND Podcast Network,” said Bobby Bonett, SANDOW Design Group’s executive vice president of digital and strategic growth. “Amy is brilliant, authentic, and extremely engaging. We’re excited to collaborate with her and the Clever brand on telling great design stories.”
Other must-listen architecture and design podcasts joining SURROUND include:
- Clever Confidential – Dig into the lesser told stories of the darker side of design.
- Ask the Appliance Experts – For professional projects and residential homes alike, AjMadison Pro tackles the ins and outs of appliances and trends.
- Inhabit – Perkins&Will gets into the nitty gritty of how the ever-changing built environment impacts our daily lives.
- architecture 5 10 20 – FX Collaborative principal Guy Geier hosts thought leaders and futurists to discuss the future of the built environment, including how to craft a more sustainable, equitable, and just society.
- The Design Board – A marketing and PR podcast for the A+D industry coming later this spring.
The programs join the SURROUND network in good company: Other shows including Looking Forward by MillerKnoll; Design Nerds Anonymous and The Learning Objective by ThinkLab; Deep Green by Metropolis; and The Mic by NYCxDESIGN, hosted by Debbie Millman, are already available for listening.
Original productions from Metropolis’s sister brand SURROUND include Once Upon a Project and Barriers to Entry. Design Tangents, a SURROUND original production in collaboration with COOL HUNTING, hosted by Josh Rubin and Evan Orensten and sponsored by Genesis, is set to launch later this spring.
Listen on all major podcast platforms or online at SURROUND.
Would you like to comment on this article? Send your thoughts to: [email protected]
Outdoor Amenities Resource: 25+ Guides to Designing Better Outdoor Amenities
METROPOLIS gathers tools, guides, and manuals to help landscape architects, architects, and interior designers leverage the holistic benefits of outdoor amenities.
Why Product Performance and Maintenance Are Vital for Outdoor Amenities
This section of the METROPOLIS Design for Equity Primer offers resources to help you promote fairness and justice within your firm.
How to Engage and Include Communities While Designing Outdoor Amenities
This section of the METROPOLIS Outdoor Amenities Resource offers tools and guides to help you take community engagement and inclusion outdoors.